Our robot has the following features:
- Three motors that move the robot in all directions
- A sweeper motor to collect the small balls from the playing surface
- An elevator to raise the small balls
- A dual motor ball thrower to launch the small balls into the center vortex
- A button presser to press the beacon buttons in autonomous mode
- A color sensor to detect the beacon color
- An optical distance sensor to detect the white line on the playing surface
- A cascading forklift to lift the capball and place it in the center vortex in the endgame
Here's a video of our lift, which finally lifted! We've been talking about this lift for the last 3 months.
For those who are interested in attending, the third competition of our robotics season takes place at St. Patrick High School, 5900 W. Belmont Ave. at 1pm - 7pm on 1/7/17. The matches begin at 3:30pm.